Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend Post

I am trying to be a little more accountable for the weekend since they have been a problem. This weekend was pretty good. Friday night we took the kids out to a "special" McDonalds. We had to drive about 40 minutes to find a really good play land. But I got Chicken Noodle soup. Kind of weird at McDonalds...but it was a good lower calorie alternative to a sandwich or hamburger.

Saturday I kind of took "off". I don't really feel that bad about it. We had our ward Christmas party and I didn't want to have to worry about every little think I ate. So I gave myself permission to just eat what sounded good. I feel okay about everything except the sweet potatoes. Ali is the devil and made these ridiculous sweet potatoes with pecans and coconut on the top. They tasted like a dessert - NOT a vegetable. I ate way too many of those. I also ate apple pie which was very tasty. Oh...and a cookie. But it was all great and I was able to get back focused on Sunday.

I think I made up for yesterday's calories today. I think I have really only eaten about 900 calories today. I am excited to get some good workouts this week and hopefully I can drop a couple of pounds so I will only have single digits to lose.

3 comments:

Stef said...

Good for you, I think that it's good to have a day off! I have had about 5 now and I really need to stop it! Woohoo on the loss! You are my hero!

Alison Day said...

Nice job on reporting your weekend. It IS hard to do! I think that by reporting it, hopefully I'll be better about my choices! I'm not even going to TELL you what I put in the yams! Okay, never mind, I'll forward you the recipe! I'm glad you liked them!

Carrie Anne said...

i'm glad you enjoyed yourself...we still have to live life, you know? way to get right back on & be in control! you are awesome! i am really impressed you got soup over a hamburger or sandwich...i would have given in! you go girl!