Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Over-view

Christmas week is over. It was a little ugly but I am happy to say I had a great day yesterday and it is going well today. Dane is back at work and that makes a huge difference. He is very supportive and doesn't try to sabotage my diet at all. I just get into this mind set like - why should I have to eat good if he doesn't have to. It's a totally ridiculous way to think but it's true. He is totally different than me too. He can eat one meal a day and be fine. I cannot go more than about 3-4 hours or I get really shaky and weak. He also has a crazy metabolism which is why his weight has only fluctuated by about 10 pounds our entire 10 years of knowing each other. It's way annoying.

Anyways, some of the things I am proud of during the holidays...

I only bought ONE bag of clearance Christmas candy - even though all Hershey Kisses were only $1.

I THREW AWAY all of the leftover treats the day after Christmas - not easy since I also hate wasting food.

I didn't eat after 8 PM (except on Christmas Day)

I declined ice cream from Dairy Queen while the rest of my family enjoyed.

I have had a bowl of M&Ms sitting out of which I have only eaten ONE handful.



I just had to point out some of the good choices I made since I had plenty of bad choices to go along with that. With the exception of Christmas Day, I didn't go crazy. I think I did about 2000 calories a day which is okay for maintaining but NOT for losing weight. I got a couple of workouts in but nothing too impressive.

Since I probably will not be reaching my goal (I have 10 more pounds to my goal weight), I am just going to do the best I can. I will continue with my meal plan and exercise. One positive thing is I can fit back into my clothes I wanted to wear. They are a little snugger than I would like them to be but they fit! Good luck to everyone. Thanks for all your support and love.

2 comments:

Stef said...

I just did the free download, may as well. But it keeps all your information if you decide to keep the program. It's great! What is it, 3 weeks to your cruise yay!

Carrie Anne said...

way to go girl! You have been working so hard all Christmas vacation I'm so proud of you! i'm back in action...sorry i have been a slacker on vacation for the last 2 weeks! i'll be checking in more faithfully now! you have really done awesome!