Monday, December 15, 2008

Made It...Day One!

At the end of the day I can now say I feel great and am very happy I stuck with the plan all day. Toward the middle of the day I wasn't so happy about it. I was so close to putting a post up that would have required an explicit language warning. But the rage is gone now and I am happy.

I never felt hungry. I just REALLY wanted some carbs. My body is going to be going through withdrawals, I guess. Some of the order of the meal plan didn't work for me so I changed things up to accommodate my schedule. I am going to post what I ate and when and I also was curious how many calories it was so I will include that too.

1/2 c. oatmaeal (no sugar, fruit, just straight up) 150

20 Almonds 180
1/2 c. cottage cheese 90

5 oz. tuna 120
tomato, cucumber, lettuce 50
Wheat Thins 140

Protein (1 scoop) Shake 120
w/ 1/2 Banana 50

Turkey Burger 240
2 c. veggies 100 (I put 1 tsp. oil to cook them)

1/2 Apple 40

TOTAL 1280


Wow! It seems like a lot of food but it was only 1280 calories! My tummy will definitely get smaller off of that - if I can keep it up!

Here is a picture of my delicious dinner. I was a little frightened about eating a turkey burger without a bun and all the stuff that makes a turkey burger delicious. But this was honestly just as satisfying!

Sometimes I have a hard time with veggies but this way they are REALLY good. I bought a whole bunch of veggies today - zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, & mushrooms. I chopped them all up and mixed them together (you can use whatever you want). Then I filled baggies with them for my veggies all week. You can freeze some of them or if you know you are going to use them just leave them in the fridge.

I like to roast them. All you do is:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil
3. Put a little (about 1 tsp) olive oil in the baggie of veggies (or it's also really good with Fat Free Italian Dressing)
4. Pour the coated veggies on the tray
5. Sprinkle some Mrs. Dash or a little Seasoning Salt on the veggies
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are as tender or firm as you want them

My meal plan for tomorrow will be the same as today. However, I am going to try the weight control oatmeal (maple brown sugar) instead of the plain stuff.

4 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

way to go! i am thinking i need to do this really bad now...maybe i'll start it up after we return from our vacation...i like the different foods to eat b/c i get in a rut & wonder what to make but already i don't eat all that you posted so i'm totally going to copy you! thanks for the motivation!!!

Stef said...

WTG! I know its amazing how full you can stay! Another way I love veggies is just steamed in the microwave. . .BTW I also love the weight control oatmeal, it's a little easier to eat and the same amount of fiber. Your dinner looks delicious!

Stef said...

Also, I am so with you on the carb thing, it was all I could do to not eat a piece of garlic bread at dinner (I made spaghetti for the family).

Lisa said...

Good Job Nat! See, I guess it's not so bad! Just think....5 weeks of this and we will be little skinnys! And by the way, I know that feeling of rage. I felt that same rage as I ate my taste like nothing oatmeal last week. Something I like to do is add just a little bit of honey. I know it has natural sugars in it, but it helps! Love yoU!