Tuesday, December 9, 2008

INSPIRED!!!

I was totally inspired by someone I have never met...her name is Becca. She is a friend of my sister-in-law, Lisa (also a link on my blog - I'm Bringing Sexy Back). Becca's link is: Count Down To Wedding Dress. I have been very disappointed in myself the last little while about the lack of nutrition I have been getting even though I am staying mostly within my calorie goals. She has some meal plans on her blog that totally inspired me and I had an epiphany. To really step up my weight loss goals I am going to have to make some changes. My body has to be able to use food as fuel and it can't if isn't getting the right nutrients. So here is the new plan.....drum roll, please!

Starting next week I will be posting my meal plan the day before.

That way I know what is coming, I won't be hungry, and it will be much easier to deal with temptations. If anyone else wants to join me, you are welcome to. It would be great to get different ideas on what to eat so we don't get bored. I think this will be just the push I need for this last 6 weeks. I am also thinking I can have 1 day a week "off". Any other ideas on the matter? I am starting next week because I am not going grocery shopping until Saturday and I don't have a great selection of fresh veggies right now. I am totally pumped about this!!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Nat- I totally agree with you. I think it is a great idea. That way our diets will be more structured and planned and there won't be any room for accidental bingeing. :) I started today. I planned my whole days worth of food this morning before I even got out of bed. IT has really helped me get through the day. ALso, yes, I think one day a week is a good idea. Becca does have one day a week that she will eat whatever she wants. I think that would be smart. Anyway, I love you so so much. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful sis-in-law. Cant wait til January!!

Milly said...

I'm in too! That is such a good idea! I think I might have to start in a few days though since I don't have a great food selection either. I need to go grocery shopping! You guys are awesome!

Stef said...

I'm in too. My lack of planning has been my downfall lately. I also have to wait until Friday, payday to go grocery shopping. . .Woo hoo, I'm excited!
Stef

Becca said...

I love you post you left me! It almost made me cry. I just understand where you are coming from on your struggle with weight loss and all that. I LOVE junk food, and seriously have no control sometimes. The best thing for me is the meal plan. Sure..I don't understand what it's like to have three kids. The temptation for food must be so much worse! I just pre cook my meals all on SUnday. Honestly..it's not that bad if you plan a head. The meal plan is easy. I have two jobs and hardly ever home. At least have protein powder and simple veggies and low gly fruits around. My goal like I said over the holidays is to maintain. I know you may be loosing for a reason. This month is sooo hard to stay on track. I have like three holiday parties next week, and kind of worried. Also allowing myself one cheat meal a week has been awesome. I seriously plan what crap I am going to eat..I love it! I am strick all week, but then on the weekend I don't really stay on my meal plan, but just eat healthy (except for my cheat meal) and watch my calories. As far as being good over the holidays just don't start eating it..lol. I am the kind of person that if I get one sweet thing in my mouth I want to have ten. You look so amazing!! Seriously I am here to support you even though I don't know you! What gym do you work out at??

Becca said...

I meant love YOUR comment..ha ha..typos. I just start typing away!!