Thursday, September 4, 2008

Can I Have A Do-Over?

It's not going so well. Obviously, from the lack of posting. Usually no writing means bad news. I have been really good about exercising every day. It is just the food part that is killing me. I guess I have a lot of habits that aren't going to die easily. This past weekend wasn't horrible but it wasn't good either. I didn't really keep track of anything and just didn't really care which is a really bad sign when it's only week 1. It seemed much easier the first time. I guess it is because I saw major results really fast. This time I am trying to take off about 15 lbs instead of 40. I just don't like dieting. I hate knowing that everything that goes in my mouth is going to effect the scale. It makes me just want to eat something really good.

But today wasn't so bad - hence the post! I was considering not working out because Bennett went back to sleep this morning before I could get out the door for the gym. If I don't go right after Hailee goes to school, it just doesn't happen. I was just going to not go because I was all dressed and ready to just spend time with my family but I decided to be strong and go. So I hauled my lazy butt up the stairs and put my gym clothes on. It was an extra bonus that Dane got home to watch the kids so I didn't have to worry about taking all of them. Anyways, I went to a step class and I am sooooo glad I did! I felt totally awesome and energetic after. And we all know I need energy at night with Bennett's little barfing charade! So I am just taking it a day at a time and hopefully I can make each day better than the last. I plan to go at 9:15 tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a post that confirms that!

I must give myself credit for the water and not eating after 8:00. I have really stuck with those and I feel a lot better if I do both of those things!

No comments: