Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

The title indicates 2 things. That is the kind of day it was and I feel like rambling a bit. I started the day at 5 AM when the Holman boys came over because Terri had her baby today (a beautiful baby girl, by the way). I had a half-hearted workout for only about 40 minutes and I barely broke a sweat. I just couldn't get motivated to do anything more. I had a few mistakes in my eating too. I was at the grocery store and they had samples of pumpkin bread. It didn't even cross my mind, I just gave one to my kids and ate one myself. I was chewing and realized what I was doing and considered spitting it out but I thought I wouldn't make a scene in the middle of Giant Eagle, I would just have to deal with the guilt! It was a good reminder, though, that it is a constant process that I have to think about all the time. As soon as I am not paying attention, my old habits can creep back in so fast. It wasn't the one bite that was the big deal, it was the mindlessness. I also ate a handful of my kids' Teddy Grahams. Again, not huge, but I could have chosen something better for my sugar craving.

It is so amazing how easy it is for me to just not think about it and eat whatever. It is so interesting for me to see, now that the sugar cravings have subsided a lot, when I would just mindlessly eat. It was really hard at first to tell if I was actually hungry or putting food in my mouth out of habit or some other need that has nothing to do with food. I did just okay with food. I am still not eating after 8 and I have been a real stickler about that. And I have also been good about getting at least 64 oz of water in. Most days it has been about 100. The more the better for me. I think I finished they day at about 1480 calories. Which would be okay if I did a really good workout but I think I will be going twice tomorrow. Hopefully it balances out somewhere. I will be weighing in tomorrow and I don't think it is going to be pretty. I will be happy if I don't gain any. If I can just maintain for this week, that would be great!

No comments: