Friday, September 26, 2008

The Big Weigh In

I had my weigh in today. I only lost a pound. I am trying so hard to be positive about it and at least it was a loss, right? I can't help but feeling a little disappointed because I feel like the effort I made was worth more than a pound. So Sara...you and I can have a little pity party for ourselves. It is funny that the first thing I wanted to do when I got home was find something really bad to eat. Like that's just gonna teach the scale a lesson or something. Luckily I have gotten rid of any temptation for myself...and now I know why! I am happy I lost a pound. I also started tracking my body fat percentages and BMI today. I'm not quite ready to share...maybe soon. I will update calories later. I'm going on a date tonight so hopefully I don't blow it.

Date's over...I wouldn't say I blew it but all I need to say is that we went to the Olive Garden which is pretty much diet suicide. I was surprised at how my body handled me trying to eat fettuccine alfredo. I ordered the never ending pasta bowl and only ate half of the first bowl. I physically could not eat any more. Maybe that means my stomach shrunk a little. We had talked about getting dessert and I just couldn't do it. The have a new delicious looking pumpkin cheesecake with whipped cream and caramel all over it but I resisted. I skipped lunch today to try to save on calories but I think I still ended up at about 2000 with the OG wonderment. I must say, it was pretty tasty! I didn't take my leftovers home so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it later. Bonus points for me!! The money-saving, cheap side of me was disagreeing the whole time but I thought it was more worth it to not put that into my body.

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

wow! i am impressed with your olive garden dinner! i understand those thoughts of wasting money...it's so hard to get over those, huh? way to go!
great on 1 pound lost! slow & steady...you're making progress & taking care of your body so WAY TO GO!
i'm looking into the turbo jam classes & hopefully i'll start attending one!!! wahooooooooo! thanks for that info!