Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Goals

I have so many things I want to change this year. I am going with the theme of small and simple and building on that. I know myself. I can't set 25 goals in one day because I know I won't be able to accomplish them all. Then I will just end up feeling overwhelmed and like a failure. So here are the baby steps for now.

  • I am committing to a 2-week sugar detox. I have planned meals (which I will post) for the next 2 weeks. They are about 1200 calories per day.
  • I am committing to wake up at 6:30 and do 30 mintues on the treadmill (notice it is not the hour I was doing before...baby steps).
  • I am committing to keep up on my blog. I need to journal for my family and it is a little part of myself that I lost. I miss all my friends and this is the best way to keep up with all of them.
  • I am committing to pray daily. I am hoping that once this becomes a solid habit, I can add consistent scripture study. Sad, I know...but like I said, small steps.
There it is. That's the list for now. I hope to continue adding. Hopefully I still have a few friends out there who will help give me a boost now and then. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Stef said...

What great goals! Let's figure out a prize for the biggest loser! Maybe we should set a family weight loss goal? Ry and Jess are doing HCG as are Maia and Ben . . I don't know that it counts though! I think good old fashioned diet and exercise are the key! :) Glad to see you back here!