As you can see...it is the beginning of the year. I usually make it a point NOT to do a "New Year" diet. I have typically started them later. I just don't like being part of the cliche and part of the majority of people who stick it out for 2 weeks and give it up. Well, I am ready now. I don't want to prolong it any more. Since this blog is more about my feelings and personal goals, I need to record the events of last year and set some goals for this year. It might be excuses but I just want to remember last year and remember some of the thoughts and feelings I had...since it has been almost an entire year that I have blogged!!!!!
January - I was in great shape (within 5 pounds of my goal weight) thanks to all my health blogging friends. We went on our cruise and had the best time EVER! We left the kids with grandparents and aunts in Utah while we cruised for 8 days. Loved it! Loved spending time with my family. Loved spending time with my sweetie. Felt so good and healthy. Ate whatever I felt like and loved it.
February - We came home from our trip and felt like we should start thinking about where we were going to be moving and raising our kids for the next 10 years. We decided to try and look into moving back to Utah.
March - We received an amazing opportunity from Dane's job to receive pay for a few months if we wanted to look for another job. We jumped right on in and decided it was the best time to move where we wanted to raise our kids. We took a huge leap of faith and moved to Utah the last week of March.
April - Arrived in Utah April 1st and moved in with Dane's parents. They were so generous to let us stay with them for an unknown amount of time. Dane got a job within 3 weeks with Associated Foods. They told us he would probably be hired to run stores in Southern Utah but we would be in Salt Lake for 4 - 6 months. We decided to hang tight with the in-laws until we had a more definite plan of our permanent location.
May - Went into pure vacation mode. I had no house, no major responsibilities. It felt like I was in Utah on vacation. Had tons of fun catching up with old friends and hanging out with family.
June - Had a fun vacation to St. George and Las Vegas. Had both boys' birthdays. Started swimming lessons for the kids. Still in vacation mode (and eating like I was on vacation).
July - Getting a little stir-crazy. Sick of yelling at my kids all the time to try to be quiet and keep the house super-clean so my mother-in-law doesn't have to clean up after us. Getting anxious to come up with a plan on where we will be living/going to school. Still mentally on vacation.
August - Really ready to move into my own house. Associated Foods buys Albertsons so there are going to be a lot of career opportunities in the Salt Lake area. We decided to start looking for houses hoping Dane would get a store in Salt Lake. We kept getting drawn out west to Herriman and Riverton. STILL on vacation and having tons of fun hanging out with family. Now my clothes are starting to not fit.
September - Kids started school. Still no word on a permanent job but Dane LOVES his job so it's all good. We continued looking for houses and found one in Herriman that we liked. Put in an offer and waited...and waited...and waited...(it was a short sale). Starting to get a little depressed about myself and my situation. Makes me want to eat lots of yummy food. Have worked out maybe 10 times since moving back to Utah.
October - SOOOOOOOO ready to be in our own house and on a normal routine and NOT ON VACATION. Decided to pull our offer from the short sale and found another home we liked just as much - if not more. We got the house...YEA, FINALLY!!!!! Excited to move and get a normal life back.
November - Moved into our beautiful home! Love it! Forgot what our routine is. Dane got his own store and will be in Salt Lake for a long time!!! Now I am a little farther away from family...husband is working ALL the time...starting to feel very lonely...miss having friends...eating something delicious will make it all better.
December - Feeling a bit Grinchy. Not excited about Christmas shopping by myself. Christmas is becoming stressful, not fun. Finally get the tree up but nothing else. I have no energy to do up my house and the thought of putting it all away makes my body hurt. Have tons of fun going to family parties (what I have been waiting for). Christmas comes and of course it is wonderful and so much fun. I am sort of glad to have it over with. I have had it in my mind since Thanksgiving that after the Holidays, I am going to get serious about my body again.
January - I am so ready to get this started. I know I am ready because it is all I think about right now. I am willing to put all my focus into myself for a few weeks to get back on track. I am so tired of feeling crappy and looking crappy. I have all the tools, I have done it before, I just need to do it. It is going to be harder than it sounds. I have some pretty hard habits to break but I am ready. I am so ready. Here it goes!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment