Today went pretty good. I got tons of exercise. I walked on the treadmill in the morning, then discovered that Dane took my keys to work with him...so I had to walk Hailee to school. Then I wanted to see if I remembered the Turbo Kickboxing workout that I used to do...so I did that for 40 minutes. Then I had to pick Hailee back up from school. My body is a little sore but I feel good. And the food has been easier today.
I DID have a little slip tonight. One thing I know....it is NOT okay to bake cinnamon rolls and try to resist them. You CANNOT fill your house with the smell of cinnamon gooeyness and just ignore it. I ate a small cinnamon roll. But I stayed within my calories so I am not beating myself up too much about it. The real challenge is going to be tomorrow when I have to make cookies to take to Braden's school...not so sure about that one.
After working out that much, I had to add an extra snack into my day. I was truly hungry and running out of energy. I forget that if I work out a lot, I need to increase my calories just a little. I can't function if I am only eating 1300 calories and burning 500 of them. My menu was pretty boring. I want to change it up a little but I am still trying to figure out how to budget for extra food I am not used to buying. I don't care what anyone says, it costs more money to eat healthy...especially when you have kids at home who still eat normally. I guess I have to just deal with a boring menu. That's okay...I fell so much better this week than I have in a long time. My body is starting to feel less sluggish and more healthy.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I totally agree with you that eating healthy costs way more! Since we've been doing P90X we're eating a lot healthier and our wallets are shrinking. It's bittersweet really since it's good for us but I don't want to spend all the money. I'm sure it's hard for you with kids too. Hopefully I can figure out a way to spend less but still be healthy. And to answer your question, when I miss a day of exercise I just do the next workout that I missed the day before. That way I'm still working out different muscles and doing all the workouts.
The way I do it is boring just like you. But I found that since i have been buying more veggies, we are all eating more veggies, kids want a snack? Veggies or fruit. Really helps me out.
Post a Comment