Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More Protein Please

I think my body is screaming for more protein. Especially when I work out a lot. I know I eat way too many carbs and not close to enough protein. So my goal for the next couple of weeks is to eat more protein. I am going to pick up some protein powder so I can supplement that into my diet. I think it will make a big difference. Here's what is goin down so far today:

Grape Nuts w/ milk - 250
Crackers - 200
2 Eggs - 140 (trying to start with what I have - obviously it is grocery shopping time since that is the only protein in my house!)
Yogurt - 70
Mini Pizza - 700 (guess)

TOTAL 1360

I can't believe how long I felt full after eating mostly protein for lunch. I think the protein shakes are going to be a great idea. I am getting way too hungry between lunch and dinner and then I go and do something like eat pizza with my kids because it is easy and I am so hungry that I don't care what I eat. The problem is...when I leave my house at 2:30 I am still full from lunch. By the time I get back at 4:00 or 4:30, I am ready to eat my arm off. I should have healthy snacks in the car. Let's see how the shakes work out.

3 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

way to go hot mama! i like doing the protein powder...it helps, i think. also...cottage cheese is a good protein with not as many calories as like cheese...yogurt is so so...anyway...you're doing great! way to go!

Stef said...

I know what you mean about protein, I've gotten really into almonds, and cottage cheese, I also really like adavantage protein bars. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Nat! I love the new pics you added! You look so awesome in that picture with Bennett! Your face is lookin thin! You go hot mama!