As much as I hate to admit it, I am such a better person when I exercise. I tried everything I could think of to talk myself out of working out today. But I did it anyway. I decided to do all cardio. I ran/walked for 50 minutes for 3.6 miles. It wasn't very fun during but I feel great now. I am going to try to work up to 5 miles in an hour. I think I can do it.
After this weekend I also discovered that I like the feeling of being hungry when it is time to eat. I don't like feeling hungry all the time. Sometimes I will just eat lunch because it's "time" to. But it really makes a difference if I am genuinely hungry. It makes me feel like I am using food the way it should be used...for fuel and energy instead of something to do. Here is the run down so far:
Cereal w/milk 200
Toast 100
Luna Bar 180
3 bites of Braden's soft pretzel 100 (?)
Protein Shake 160
Chicken Sandwich 300
Apple 100
TOTAL 1140
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice job! It always helps me to have specific goals like that. I wish that running was fun for me! I seem to dread it the whole time; but it is one of the best ways for me to get cardio. I really feel like I've had a good workout. I don't know if I could do 5 miles in an hour. Maybe I will try to do that too. Since I may go running with Carrie over the break, maybe I'll have Christmas be my goal date!
way to go! i feel the same way about feeling hungry...over the weekend i didn't feel hungry at all b/c i ate way too much!
You rock, I talk myself out of exercising way too much and I always feel better too! I feel the same about feeling hungry, its great to eat because of that. . .you are awesome!
Post a Comment