Sunday, November 23, 2008

Don't Weigh During Your Time of The Month

It's true. I KNEW I shouldn't have stepped on that scale on Friday. I told myself no matter what it said it would be fine and I knew the number would be a little off. Well I wasn't expecting a 3 lb GAIN. That's right. I gained 3 pounds. It pretty much put my weekend in a tailspin of bad decisions and overeating. It is now Sunday night and I am feeling full. I am not used to feeling full at 9:30 because I haven't overeaten at night for a long time.

Although through the whole weekend I can honestly say I didn't eat past 8:00. That's about the only positive thing I have to say for myself. I am using this gross, full, bloated, fat feeling to inspire me. I don't like feeling like that at night and it makes me feel sluggish in the morning. So no more of that! I will be completely satisfied this week if I just get back those 3 lbs for my loss. I am going to exercise everyday and hopefully supplement a little extra strength training at night. I will be checking back in tomorrow with a day full of exercise and good eating.

3 comments:

Stef said...

You are so awesome, stop all the negative self talk. We all do that, and weighing during that time of the month is NEVER a good idea! You are the best and don't ever forget it! You are going to rock this week!

Carrie Anne said...

i feel exactly the same way you feel tonight! bloated! fat! huge! i probably gained 3 pounds yesterday & today....and yes...don't weigh when aunt flow is around! i'm not weighing this week b/c of thanksgiving or i'll be way too depressed about it! man i love how you describe feelings/thoughts b/c that's EXACTLY how i feel! don't get too down...it'll come right off! i'm thinking about doing the turbo jam 10 pounds in 10 days after thanksgiving!!! we'll see! you go work it tomorrow & have a great start this week! you can do it!!!

Lisa said...

I agree with the other gals... Those 3 lbs for sure DO NOT count!! They are fake. Just pretend like it never happened. :) Those days are so frustrating though! I know. Keep up the good work though. You can have a great week. Love you! I know I am not the best at phone calls, but I think about you every day. I am sure lucky to have such a great sis-in-law.