I was possessed by the devil today and I weighed myself at the gym. It has been 3 weeks. I don't know why I was expecting the number to be great. I have done nothing to merit a weight loss. But I GAINED 3 pounds! Not a great day. I had a light bulb moment after that and called Ali. We are recommitting - no kidding. Not like the 3 other times I have recommitted and was lying. No joking, REALLY, kick starting it again. I celebrated my new commitment with 2 hours at the gym today. I did weights for 30 minutes and ran for 30 minutes. I went home and cleaned up my yard. Then went back to the gym and did a step class. I rocked the workout today. I am starting to track my food again too so I can see what's going on. Here's the damage (keep in my I didn't have my epiphany until after breakfast):
Grape Nuts - 300
2 pieces toast - 280
the rest of Bennett's oatmeal - 100
Turkey Wrap - 200
Wheat Thins - 200
Kashi Granola Bar - 150
Cereal - 250
Banana - 50
TOTAL - 1430
Pretty good considering most of my calories were consumed during breakfast (sad, I know). I also only had 1 Diet Coke today. It is actually my first one in a week. I think that is some kind of world record. I don't know if I have ever gone that long without it. I am not necessarily trying to quit - it just doesn't sound good. Weird!!! I have had about 100 ounces of water today, too. Yay!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i need to let go of the diet coke, too...i bet it'd make a difference for me. my friend recommended those emergen-c drink mix thingys. we'll see! thanks for the motivation!!! way to go kickin' it in gear!
Nice Job Nat! You are always my inspiration in the calorie department. Seriously, seeing that you can stay around 1400 is my motivation during the day!
I think Halloween kind of cursed everyone trying to diet. I actually did really well, until the day after Halloween. Anyway sista, we have like... 9 weeks to kick it in gear. I need to find my motivation again!
Post a Comment