Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday Workout

I title this Wednesday Workout because I had the highlight of my day in the Kickboxing class today. Ali, I wish you were there so SOMEONE could witness the awesomeness of it all. Picture this if you will...

50ish man - very tall, burly, balding but has lots of hair on the sides to apparently make up for the lack thereof on top, wearing too short shorts and a tank top.

Okay...now imagine me walking up to the doors to enter into the class and hearing a large amount of over zealous woohooing coming from inside the aerobics room. I thought it was going to be a bunch of people or a new teacher or something. Sadly, our gym is a tad snooty and no one really gets into the classes that much. So was it one of the 40 women who were in the class? Nope, burly old man getting his funky groove on right in the front.

I go in and start my workout. The guy continues on his very distracting cheers and yelling. I finally had to walk out of the room when he full on sang the entire Miley Cyrus song along with the CD. Apparently he is also knowledgeable in Maraih Carey tunage too because he kept right on going when it switched artists. I couldn't stop laughing. I left to "get a drink" and couldn't stay away. It was out of morbid curiosity that I went and finished the class. It just got better. He would count down every 8 counts very enthusiastically. Something like this:

Eight...that's right...seven and six - oh - yes and a five - a four, got it...three two one...YYEEAA, wooooo!

I just had to include that so as to not take myself too seriously in classes. And I can have a good laugh when I need one. There was only one other girl in class who was laughing like me. We kept having to go out together. NO ONE else said a word or even cracked a smile....snooty.


Now for my day...the last couple of days have been good on calories. I am finding I am getting bored with my food and I'm usually too hungry by the time I eat to get creative. So the last couple of days I just haven't been eating very much at all. It is nice to not be fighting an urge to eat all the time but eating too few calories is not good for my metabolism. If my body adjusts itself to too few calories, it will not be prepared to burn more if I want to incorporate more caloires in..which I will eventually. So I wouldn't say I'm in a rut, I just need to try to prepare better ahead of time, I guess.

I obviously did a cardio kickboxing class today. Yesterday I didn't work out. I'm not doing so hot on the "stepping it up" for the week. I'll keep trying. I will be working out tomorrow night and Friday morning. Hopefully I will see some good results at the weigh in!

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh man. I got a good laugh out of that post. I can totally picture it. Hey, at least he doesn't care what other people think--how many of us can say that? :)
Good luck this week.

Carrie Anne said...

i am DYING laughing at the man! oh that is hilarious! i'm glad you could laugh at it!
way to go on at least keeping track of your calories & not going over! are you still reading the twilight books? i hope all goes well tomorrow! i'm off to sew!