Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Buh-Bye Food, Hello Sexy!

I am starting a sub-blog. I know this is a little much to handle for some of you (including me) but I decided I wanted to keep the family stuff together and I can do my personal ramblings somewhere else - although there are quite a few of those on the family blog. Anyway, I am trying (yet again) to get in shape. But this time I really have to because I am going 0n a fabulous cruise with my family in January to Mexico and Belize. I will be spending a lot of time in a bathing suit and I don't want to have to burn all my pictures because I look fat!

So here's how this is going to work...I will post my goals and accomplishments and it will be out there for everyone to see. So if I fail, it will be big and ugly (literally)! Weight loss to me is a lot more than just diet and exercise. It is an emotional journey and discovery process. There will be some anger - I'm not going to lie. But hopefully I can look back and see what I accomplished. Wish me luck! Anyone that wants to join me is welcome!



I was going to put up some "before" shots but I just can't bring myself to take them with my camera. There will be no pictures yet. Let's face it...who wants to see before shots unless there is an after shot.


I started the whole sexxxy plan today. It was pretty good! I have been waiting to start until Hailee was in school so I can be on a schedule and have a routine. It is much easier to go to the gym if I am already supposed to be up for something else. I have never been one to love waking up early and working out so I need all the extra help I can get. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes of weights. It was hard to get back into it. I haven't had consistent workouts all summer. I could only manage to run 1/2 mile without stopping but that's okay...that's what goals are for, right? I hope by next week I will be able to do a mile without stopping.

As far as food goes, I did pretty good. The first few days are always the easiest for me, though, because I am super motivated. I am waiting for about day 4 or 5 when I get really p.o.ed that other people seem to be able to eat whatever they want and not gain an ounce but I have to count every calorie and work out every day if I want to not blow up like a balloon. And I just feel like eating some dang M&Ms! Trying to avoid day 4 and 5 - we'll see. I did, however, manage to stay at about 1300 calories today. I am especially proud of that because I made cookies for all the kids after the 1st day of school. I only had 1 and that is included in the 1300 calories.


The same rules will apply as last time I lost weight:
Stay at about 1300 calories/day
Exercise everyday
Don't eat after 8:00
Drink at least 64 oz of water everyday (bonus points for more)

There are more rules but those are the ones I can handle right now. So I say, farewell good food! I'll see you in January.

1 comment:

Justin and Stacey said...

Natalie, I think this is an awesome idea!! What a good way to track things and write down your feelings and your success!! Way to go!! I think maybe we should have a "Healthy Treat" recipe swap to keep our minds off the m&m's!