Monday, April 19, 2010

Back Again

Okay, people. How depressing was that last post? I still don't feel like I am 100% but I am getting there. The nice weather is helping out a lot. It is a little frustrating that I am back in the same boat I was before I lost weight the first time. I feel like I did all this work to really figure out what was at the root of my food issues. It just proves to me that this is a life-long battle. As much as I want my lifestyle to be one that isn't full of difficult food decisions everyday, I don't think it ever will be. Just because I mastered weight loss at one point in my life, doesn't mean I have mastered it forever. It is an ongoing battle. At least I have the tools I need this time, it is just the drive and motivation that I lack sometimes.

I am happy to say that I am back and I am motivated. I wanted to wait a little while to post so I could be sure I was for real this time. I have tracked and recorded calories and I am very proud of myself for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I don't have a scale yet but I will be getting one soon (hopefully). I am really trying to eat healthy - not just counting calories, but really giving my body the vitamins and fuel it needs. I have averaged about 100 oz. of water everyday for the past 2 1/2 weeks and stayed at about 1200-1300 calories. I am not depriving myself of sugar, but if I am going to indulge, it has to fit within my calories.

I have had so much support to get me going this time. My sis-in-law, Lisa, is so motivating and keeps me going out here. I also have Tiff & Suzy who keep me going on the phone. And I have all my blogging friends from all over to help keep me on track. The only thing holding me back is ME!

I have a little more fire in me now then when I tried to start in January. I have a familiar competitiveness trying to eek its way back into my head. The competition is me against my mouth. All the battles go on in my head and it is all day long but if I can keep that fire going, I can do it.

I am still struggling with exercise. I haven't found the fire for that one yet. I know it will make me feel better but it just isn't happening yet. I really need to join a gym. More to come soon!

3 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

welcome back!!!! it's taking me time, too, b/c this has been one heck of a year for our family...so incredibly busy! i don't get near the exercise i want but i was reading that an intense 20 minutes every day is really good for you & will help you more than like an hour of "plodding" along...does that make sense? so, i try to do at least that, or a toning video b/c i just do not have the time right now. with the eating no processed...it's been a slow process over the years but i watched 2 oprah shows that hit me hard re: sugar & diabetes & food that isn't really food. we try to do more nutrient rich food & i've recently been reading that you need to keep your insulin stable all day long which helps your hormones which fights the cravings. make sense? so i have been doing no calorie counting & listening to my body more...except tonight when aunt flow came.:) anyway, i'll try to post more info as i get it & maybe some tips. i'll try to check in more often so we can keep each other going strong! i watched an oprah where the woman talked about how when she lost the weight the first time it wasn't for her, it was for everyone else & now it's about her. hey, one step at a time...that's all you can do. i was getting too stressed about it all, so i'm trying to chill about food & calories & just go with the flow. keep up the good work girl!

Stef said...

welcome back! Love ya!

Lisa said...

Yaaaaay.... I am so glad you are back!!! I love YOU!!!