Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One Week And Counting!!!

I have been really good about going to the gym this week. Granted the week has only been 2 days but that's 2 for 2 right? Here is how the eating went. Didn't follow any kind of meal plan today. I wasn't very prepared. I think I am just too dang lazy. Not the best eating day but by far not the worst.

Fiber One Cereal 250
1/2 pretzel 100
Crackers 150
3 cookies (yea, they were good too) 300
Turkey 40
1/2 apple 50
Cereal 250
Protein Shake 240

TOTAL 1380

I must say...I am proud of myself tonight. I went to a night class which is very difficult with the kids and dinner time and everything. But it is a really good class (XTreme Step). We came home and I was totally starving...the kind of starving where you just don't care anymore and will go against your better judgment. I made the kids french toast and sausage. Normally I would just eat that and try not to go crazy. But I knew I would feel like crap if I ate that so late at night and when I'm trying to cut back on the carbs later in the day. But I didn't - I chose cereal (I know, ALL carbs - but 1/4 the calories of french toast) and a protein shake. Thank you very much.

I really have to crank out the workouts. My new swimsuits I got for Christmas will not look that good if I gain 5 pounds before I go. I apologize in advance for all the rambling - my brain is all over the place tonight. I am really nervous about being in Utah...especially the week before the cruise. It seems like any time I meet up with friends or we have a get together it ALWAYS revolves around food. Since we only go once or twice a year, I really want to eat some of my favorite things at my favorite places. I don't know how that is going to happen and me not loosening the holes on my belt.

5 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

Good for you! I have a hard time when I go on vacation, too! I so know what you mean! If you can just stick it out this week then you'll be good I think! Thanks for keeping me pumped about this! Good job working out 2 for 2!

rochelle said...

Yeah! Way to go! I am so proud of you for sticking to your diet and workouts. You inspire me with this little blog. I am SOOOOO excited to see you when you come out to Utah. I can't wait for you to meet Sadie. When do you guys get here? We need to plan lunch for sure or a playdate out at my house (Peyton is off track for most of Jan). If you have time and we can plan it I'm sure it would be fun to go to dinner with Sean and Suz and Jacy and Curtis. Let me know when you have some time. Can't wait until you get here!

Stef said...

You are awesome! I can't believe that you are coming so soon! Can't wait to see you! Good job passing up the sausage and french toast, I totally would have caved!

Alison Day said...

I just got back in town and am ready to role! Let's do a gym date on Friday! I will be there at 9:15! I need to get GOING! I anxiously checked your blog to see how close you are and how you're doing. Have you weighed in lately? I am going to weigh on Friday. I think I gained 5 pounds, which means I have about 13 to go in 5 WEEKS! Argh! Anyway, I am ready to be motivated by YOU! Sorry I have slacked in the support department! I am so excited that your vacation is so close!

GOOD LUCK!

Alison Day said...

Did I say 13 pounds? I mean 8! Geesh! I kind of scared myself re-reading that! ha ha!